Updating from FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2 to FreeNAS 11.2-RELEASE-U1 .... Manifest could not be found!

mjl-cdf

Cadet
Trying to update from FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2 to FreeNAS 11.2-RELEASE-U1 but getting the message "Manifest could not be found!: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings". Network access seems to be fine, no problems accessing the admin webpage and network shares are fine.

D

dlavigne

But can you ping an Internet address? Is there a firewall or proxy in the way? Or was it a transient error that has since been resolved?

mjl-cdf

Cadet
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I can ping local devices on my LAN but if I try an external website I get the following message

"ping: cannot resolve www.bbc.co.uk: Host name lookup failure"

I have IPV4 Gateway set to 192.168.1.1 (Router's LAN IP address) and Name Server 1 set to the same.

I tried adding the Google DNS (8.8.8.8) to Name Server 2 that seems to fix the problem. Don't understand why this was necessary as none of my other other devices on my LAN require this.

mjl-cdf

Cadet
The upgrade seemed to apply but I now just get the message "Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network. " when I try to log in. Have tried rebooting the server several times. On one occasion I was able to log in but was back on Beta 2. I enabled a boot to 11.2 release but then I was back to the "Connecting to NAS" message.

mjl-cdf

Cadet
I ended up doing a reinstall. I had backed up my config so I inserted a new USB stick into my server MB then did a fresh install. Once this was complete I uploaded my config, rebooted, powered down and inserted my RAID discs. Everything is now working well and I have noticed a performance increase too. Very happy bunny.

Lesson to self, avoid Beta releases in future.

Thanks for your responses.