Trying to Recover PLEX Plugin after Power Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcgumshoe

Cadet
Running Freenas 9.3 Stable on AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor with 4 Gigs of ram. My system powered down during a power outage and when I restarted the server I could see my files fine in the explorer browser but Plex Media Server 9.12 was not running, it was set to "OFF."

I tried turning the plugin back on, but after a few seconds it would just remain off. I clicked the update button and updated plex media server to 9.15, but I can't locate my files via PLEX. I can browse to the files via explorer, but not inside PLEX, I've got to rebuild the library and I need help on how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Plex is NOW working (ON) but it's a new instance and wants me to add folders, but I can't find my files.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I you mention that the Plex install seems to be new, but you don't mention defining storage for Plex under plug ins. So maybe you have forgotten that you have define links between the file system that Plex uses and the file system of FreeNAS. You can do this by looking for the plug in on the left under Jails, and then add back your storage.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.