Plex plugin - location of profile files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stualden

Explorer
I have the Plex plugin running and I'm using both the "Media Server" (for playing to a browser or a phone) as well as the DLNA server (for playing to my TV). The DLNA server appears to be transcoding my video files that don't need it (and messing them up badly in the process), so I would like to alter the profile so that it just streams things directly.

Unfortunately, though, I can't find any profile files (or any .xml files for that matter) anywhere in the plexmediaserver_1 jail. I realize this is really a Plex question, not a FreeNAS question, but the Plex site doesn't seem to have much of anything regarding the FreeBSD port of Plex, let alone the FreeNAS plugin. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

stualden

Explorer
I found half the answer - the "system" location for profiles is here:

[Jail location]/plexmediaserver_1/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles

It looks like you can alter profiles here if you want, but they will be overwritten whenever you update Plex. So I still need to find the "user" location where I can put profiles that will be left alone. There is a hint in the documentation I found on the Plex forum (see below), but it doesn't say where the "user" directory is! So I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on that.

User profiles

User profiles are authored by individual users and are never changed by the server. User profile files are located in the Plex Media Server user directory, in a directory called Profiles. If you have never authored a user profile before, this directory will not exist.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
/var/db/plexdata

stualden

Explorer
Thank you. So is the profiles folder (once it's been created)

/var/db/plexdata/Profiles

or
/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Profiles

??

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure, I don't personally use Plex. I just listed the folder I know the Plex plugin can write to

Status
Not open for further replies.