I may have Fubared my Plex plugin settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyClown

Patron
Hi there,

long story short, following a router replacement on my network which resulted in a new IP range for everything, I lost remote access with Plex media server. It works fine on my LAN.

Following some tinkering and attempts to fix the problem I now seem to be unable to log in to the Plex web ui. I stick my log in details and absolutely nothing happens. I also stupidly deleted the server from my Plex profile and as I have no way of logging in, I am unable to add it again.

As I mentioned before, Plex is still accessible over my LAN and I can also login using http://192.168.1.3:32400/web/index.html, but when I click on settings, I am not logged in.

I'm presuming the problem is at the Freenas end as I had to manually change the IP address of the Plex plugin as well as the jail, as they were still operating in the old routers IP range.

Any idea what I might have done here, or how I may fix it?

cheers guys

CraftyClown

Patron
Ok, so I put the router (WNDR3700v2 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/18/14) std ) back to factory settings, trying to take that out of the equation of possible causes for this, however the problem still remains.

I am guessing this is to do with the IP address settings I changed in Freenas. I changed the IP address of the plugin from 192.168.0.8 to 192.168.1.8
I also went into the Jail configuration and changed the IPV4 network to 192.168.1.0/24 the IPv4 Network Start Address to 192.168.1.1 and the IPv4 Network End Address to 192.168.1.254

I'm running Freenas 9.2.1.8 and the Plex plugin is version 0.9.9.13.525

I'm sure it's some kind of stupid oversight on my part but I'm really scratching my head here, so any suggestions would be gratefully received :)

CraftyClown

Patron
So I've tried setting up a DMZ on the router and pointing that at the IP of the plex plugin, I've also tried turning off the firewall all together, but no dice :(

I'm inclined to delete my Plex plugin and reinstall it, however that is going to involve setting up my media collection again which I am obviously loath to do, especially as I have a feeling it won't solve this issue.

As always, suggestions welcome ;)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You need to undo everything you have said you did in this thread. I'm pretty sure you just need to port forward port 32400 on your router to point to your Plex jail. You even said when you access Plex over lan it says logged out. Did you even try to log in? It should have failed then told you how to fix it. Stop clicking buttons and changing things and read the directions.

CraftyClown

Patron
Port forwarding to 32400 was the first thing I tried. No dice I'm afraid

When I access Plex over LAN I have no problems, however if I access Plex via my IP and port number, it loads fine, but in the settings I cannot enter my log in details. It just hangs with a generic error in red that says 'cannot connect to Plex'

I assure you, I really am reading all directions I come across.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What is your routers gateway IP? You said ddwrt so I'm guessing 192.168.1.1? And your dhcp range selected is 100-255?

CraftyClown

Patron
What is your routers gateway IP? You said ddwrt so I'm guessing 192.168.1.1? And your dhcp range selected is 100-255?

Exactly, 192.168.1.1 and beyond 100 for DHCP. Although I have assigned static addresses for everything, to make things easier

I've attached below a screen grab of the error message I get each time I attempt to sign in..

Attachments

• signing in to plex problem.jpg
    signing in to plex problem.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

CraftyClown

Patron
Would it help if I popped up a handful of screengrabs? I'm sure this is something simple I'm overlooking, however I can no longer see the wood for the trees.

CraftyClown

Patron
Here are grabs of my Freenas network settings, as well as my Plex jail and my jails config...

Attachments

• Freenas network summary.jpg
    Freenas network summary.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 314
  • Jails config.jpg
    Jails config.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 405
  • Plex jail.jpg
    Plex jail.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 293

cyberjock

Inactive Account
On jail/plugin creation the gateway settings are placed in the jail in a file (sorry, I forget the filename). If you later change your gateway you must manually change the setting in every jail. It sounds like your gateway's IP has changed, so you might have to do this...

CraftyClown

Patron
On jail/plugin creation the gateway settings are placed in the jail in a file (sorry, I forget the filename). If you later change your gateway you must manually change the setting in every jail. It sounds like your gateway's IP has changed, so you might have to do this...

Cheers Cyberjock, that certainly appears to be the root of my problems.

As the only jail I have is for Plex, I'm actually thinking the quickest solution here may be to delete both the plugin and jail and do a fresh install, guaranteeing everything is correctly set up. What do you think?

Love the creepy new avatar, by the way ;)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The avatar was definitely @jkh

Deleting and recreating would solve the problem. The file that needs fixed is stupid easy to do from the CLI. I just don't remember the filename you have to edit and I'm quite busy today.

CraftyClown

Patron
The avatar was definitely @jkh

Deleting and recreating would solve the problem. The file that needs fixed is stupid easy to do from the CLI. I just don't remember the filename you have to edit and I'm quite busy today.

No that's ok. Thanks for the assistance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.