Trunas Scale backup using NetWorker.

tomeks11

Cadet
So far, I have been backing up SMB resources using Bacula on Truenas Core. Client Bacula is installed in the jail with which the Datasets are shared. This has worked well for many years.
Now we are in the process of implementing Dell Networker, which is intended to replace Bacula. Unfortunately, Networker does not have a client for FreeBSD. To solve this problem, I decided to upgrade to Truenas Scale and place the Networker client in a container (Apps). Unfortunately, there are two problems here. I cannot share a dataset that is shared via SMB ("Following service(s) use this path: SMB Share") to the container. The second problem is that ACLs are not visible inside the container.
What is the way to make copies on Truenas scale using programs that require a client program?

The only idea I have is to run a virtual machine with Windows on Truenas Scale. Map all SMB shares and install the Networker client on Windows.

LarsR

Guru
You can Disable the whole SMB cannot be shared with an app by disabling the hostpath validation check in the advanced tab of the general apps settings.
Or you could update to Cobia because the hostpath validation was not well recieved with the community and iX decided to reduce it to a warning when choosing the same path for smb and hostpath.