[TrueNAS Scale] Change DHCP Address Range of VM/Access Samba Share from VM

rgustavson

Cadet
Hi there! I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-21.06-BETA.1 on a Intel J5040 CPU. I created a Windows 10 VM via the TrueNAS Scale webinterface which runs fine in principle.

However, I am unable to access the (local) TrueNAS SMB shares from within the VM. I can access them just fine from any other machine on the network. For one, all attempts to access via the TrueNAS local IP or DNS name get routed to the VM's IP which of course does not work.

From working with other QEMU VM's I am used to access local SMB shares via the gateway IP assigned in the VM (from DHCP). The problem here is that the gateway IP is the same as my router's: 192.168.1.1. Therefore trying to access via this IP errors out as I am trying to access a non-existent share on the router.

So my question is: what is the best way to access my TrueNAS SMB share from within the VM? Or how I can modify the DHCP range to not clash with my router's network (which should also solve my problem)?

Thank you for any help!

rgustavson

Cadet
Sorry to bump this but is there anyone with some idea? The VMs are basically useless for me if they cannot access the host's SMB share.