TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.0.1 has been released!

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
Updated from 23.10.0.0, installed and app, app is running, but not showing in the GUI.

How do i delete it from the cli?
Before you do that, can I suggest trying a browser cache clear, we have had several reports of the apps page which have been cleared by doing this

jwilloughby

Cadet
I provided a full traceroute to Dominick_Storj. Relevant hops appear to be:

Code:
3 62.154.17.10 (62.154.17.10) 13.895 ms
f-eh2-i.f.de.net.dtag.de (217.5.67.146) 10.879 ms
f-eh2-i.f.de.net.dtag.de (217.5.89.122) 10.506 ms
4 * * port-channel6.core3.fra2.he.net (184.104.226.69) 15.323 ms
We think we've resolved performance for Deutsche Telekom customers. Can you download again and post another traceroute if it isn't improved?

jorisvervuurt

Dabbler
Just upgraded from 22.12.4.2 to 23.10.0.1 without any issues. Noticed a decrease in power consumption of the server; it dropped by 5 Watts. Great, but I'm still wondering what could be the reason for this. :)

Etorix

Wizard
Partial fix in Kubernetes for the excessive (and creeping) CPU use at idle? Keep checking whether power consumption remains low after a while.

jorisvervuurt

Dabbler
I’ve checked this but CPU usage is the same as before. Maybe it’s just that the newer kernel has better support for the new hardware I’m using (see signature) which results in better power management.

IndieCoopz

Explorer
Wir glauben, dass wir die Leistung für Kunden der Deutschen Telekom verbessert haben. Können Sie den Download wiederholen und einen weiteren Traceroute posten, wenn sich die Leistung nicht verbessert hat?
Im from germany and im using deutsche telekom aswell. But the download speeds are still unusable slow... 50 KiB/s

IndieCoopz

Explorer
Why can I suddenly no longer edit my own posts in this forum? I made a mistake when quoting and now it's in German. come on guys, first the crap with the first cobia release, now the problem with the download speed and now authorization problems in the forum. you're better than that...

danb35

Hall of Famer
For whatever reason, it seems the Announcements subforum doesn't allow normal users to edit posts. Don't know why, but it isn't anything new.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So the Apps UI has been completely overhauled, three steps forward, two steps back. Installed apps are now listed in alpha order rather than randomly as was the case before--good. Clicking on an installed app brings up information about that app--good.

"Available" being renamed to "Discover" seems unintuitive, though that may be because I was used to Available. Categorizing the apps seems like a good step, though some of the categories--and the apps assigned to them--seem kind of arbitrary.

But the big fail here is the design of the Discover page, in that it only lists a maximum of six apps in any category. To see more, you have to click on "View all (category name)"--and rather than expanding the list, that takes you to a new page. Bad design, IMO, and it's going to make it a lot harder to actually discover apps--ironic that you've renamed this page, and at the same time decreased its ability to do what you've renamed it to.

nifoc

Dabbler

joeschmuck

Old Man
I did an upgrade from CORE to SCALE and curious thing, when I SSH into the system I'm greeted with "Welcome to TrueNAS Core". Not sure that would happen on a clean install, I will find out hopefully tomorrow. If it's a bug, it's a minor one but probably an upgrade issue that is still being worked out.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Isn't there a GUI field for the MOTD? I guess it's just migrated wholesale from whatever it was.

joeschmuck

Old Man
There is a place to modify it and I did change it. It's just a small migration cleanup needed.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
SCALE 23.10.1 is planned for 19th December.
It will have the ZFS bug fix.