TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.0.1 has been released!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to release TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.0.1!

This is a small hotpatch to address issues reported by the community after the 23.10.0 release.

Changes:
  • Fix for TrueNAS SCALE application deployment being stuck when the pool used for application management is encrypted NAS-124776.
  • Fix the issue where system logs stop sending to a remote logging server NAS-124825.
See the Release Notes for more details.

Changelog: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/gettingstarted/scalereleasenotes/#231001-changelog
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-scale
Documentation: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

LarsR

Guru
Apps came up just fine but saw the following log entry in every app:
Code:
MountVolume.MountDevice failed for volume "pvc-cdfbdcc3-e003-4091-8991-35958a576d35" : 
kubernetes.io/csi: attacher.MountDevice failed to create newCsiDriverClient: 
driver name zfs.csi.openebs.io not found in the list of registered CSI drivers

So i don't know if this could cause a Problem or if this is due to a change in the CSI driver and expected behavior.

nifoc

Dabbler
Just like with 23.10.0, the download speed in Germany is insanely slow (around 150 KB/s).

My ISP is Deutsche Telekom and this does not look like an issue on my end. There was one person in the 23.10.0 thread (Germany) and at least one person on reddit (location unknown) seemingly having the same problem.

I can see that Storj is now used for downloads. Is that something new or did I simply not notice earlier?
Anyway, happy to (privately) provide a traceoute if that helps.

LarsR

Guru
Had No Problems with the Update and im also from Germany and my isp is also Telekom, took me like 5 Minute to Download the update

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Just like with 23.10.0, the download speed in Germany is insanely slow (around 150 KB/s).

My ISP is Deutsche Telekom and this does not look like an issue on my end. There was one person in the 23.10.0 thread (Germany) and at least one person on reddit (location unknown) seemingly having the same problem.

I can see that Storj is now used for downloads. Is that something new or did I simply not notice earlier?

It may be either a function of time or space.

Time: Today is probably peak download day... so many TrueNAS systems are downloading the same file and accessing the same Storj hosts. If so, it will gradually get faster as indicated by @LarsR If you download an older image, it should be faster.

Space: Its possible that a file is mostly stored in Storj hosts that are remote from your location. I expect Asia and South America will be slower. If so, the problem will persist.

Any feedback is useful.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems

Please do pass along the traceroute. I've pinged Storj team and we'll see if they can figure out why this node is acting up.

nifoc

Dabbler
Please do pass along the traceroute. I've pinged Storj team and we'll see if they can figure out why this node is acting up.
I provided a full traceroute to Dominick_Storj. Relevant hops appear to be:

Code:
3 62.154.17.10 (62.154.17.10) 13.895 ms
f-eh2-i.f.de.net.dtag.de (217.5.67.146) 10.879 ms
f-eh2-i.f.de.net.dtag.de (217.5.89.122) 10.506 ms
4 * * port-channel6.core3.fra2.he.net (184.104.226.69) 15.323 ms

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The suspicion is that Deutsche Telecom is throttling bandwidth....
Lets see if there are any other reports of poor download speeds.

nifoc

Dabbler
It looks like Storj doesn't directly peer with DTAG.

I'm not a fan of what they're doing, but it's very well know that you have to peer with them directly to get good/consistent speed. Going through DE-CIX is known to be slow/inconsistent.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Lets confirm whether its permanently slow.. or just inconsistent..
@LarsR seemed to indicate his download speed as over 2MB/s (is that correct?)

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
Lets confirm whether its permanently slow.. or just inconsistent..
@LarsR seemed to indicate his download speed as over 2MB/s (is that correct?)
There is a custom thread on this topic as it is wider than this release, I suggest moving further comment on this to that thread:

danb35

Hall of Famer
With some trepidation, and after taking a snapshot of the ix-applications dataset, I upgraded from 22.12.4.1 to 22.12.4.2, and from there to 23.10.0.1. After rebooting, it took some time to initialize the Applications system, and I still had to "Set pool" to the correct pool--but once I did that, the apps were all present, started as expected, and all appear to be working fine. Not seeing any other issues at this point.

Evan Richardson

Explorer
Decided to update after the .1 release, and @danb35 saying it worked. Everything works except the charts, they say "no file/directory rrdtool"

Finallf

Dabbler
piN59hAo_o.png