TrueNAS scale 22.12.1 does not have any data in reporting (CPU, Memory, Network). I bult a new configuration with CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G w/ Radeon

jjvillegas

Cadet
TrueNAS scale 22.12.1 does not have any data in reporting (CPU, Memory, Network). I built a new configuration with CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G w/ Radeon Graphics and motherboard Gigabyte A520M S2H.

The CPU, Memory and Networking does not report any data. I am new to TrueNAS, but I built a configuration with TrueNAS Core and the reporting works fine. I am wondering what can be wrong with TrueNAS Scale 22.12.1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-03 172546.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 172546.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot 2023-04-03 172627.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 172627.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot 2023-04-03 172647.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 172647.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 199

Arwen

MVP
One thing, having 8GBs of memory but only 7.1GB usable is likely a problem. Yes, you do have to reserve memory for the on-processor graphics. But, the minimum is 8GBs, not 7.1GBs. And if you plan on any apps or VMs, plan on more memory.

Have you tried a reboot?
(That's a long shot...)

Their have been others with missing reporting. Give a search in the forums. And maybe one of them will read this.

PS: Gee, the wording for on-chip, on-die has gotten more complicated. If I read some of the new AMD processor specifications correctly, the light weight graphics is on the I/O die for the 7000 series. A separate chip from the processor die. Thus, my wording to say "on-processor" graphics, (though AMD Ryzen 5 5600G is still probably using the same die for processor & graphics). So when I say "on-processor" I mean the same socket, not the same die. Which covers both on processor die and separate I/O die.

jjvillegas

Cadet
One thing, having 8GBs of memory but only 7.1GB usable is likely a problem. Yes, you do have to reserve memory for the on-processor graphics. But, the minimum is 8GBs, not 7.1GBs. And if you plan on any apps or VMs, plan on more memory.

Have you tried a reboot?
(That's a long shot...)

Their have been others with missing reporting. Give a search in the forums. And maybe one of them will read this.

PS: Gee, the wording for on-chip, on-die has gotten more complicated. If I read some of the new AMD processor specifications correctly, the light weight graphics is on the I/O die for the 7000 series. A separate chip from the processor die. Thus, my wording to say "on-processor" graphics, (though AMD Ryzen 5 5600G is still probably using the same die for processor & graphics). So when I say "on-processor" I mean the same socket, not the same die. Which covers both on processor die and separate I/O die.
I borrowed a memory from another PC, having 16GB of memory, and there is no reporting at all, It is still the same situation.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

jjvillegas

Cadet
Forum search is your friend.

Thank you for your reply, but that post does not make sense for someone that has not experience on servers, I know, is my fault, but I thought this should be a forum to learn too...

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
In plain English: SCALE doesn't have the driver needed for Ryzen5 reporting. If this bothers you, submit a feature request, or go with different hardware.