TrueNAS not picking up my GTX 650 Ti for my VM

sws-dc

Cadet
I just finished my first server build, and thought I'd try FreeNAS (since the competition is so expensive). I made my first VM, but it will not let me pass through my GTX 650 Ti. Does it have something to do with the card being too old, or am I doing something wrong?

As shown below, there are no availible PCI Passthru Devices:
1628509102332.png

I googled a few commands to search for the GPU and this is how far I got:
1628509410216.png

None of that means anything to me ^ (I am brand new to linux and especially the terminal).

And finally I am using a Supermicro X9DRI-F motherboard with IPMI (V.3.62). To use the built in remote management software, I need to set VGA Priority to "Onboard".
If I set it to onboard, It disables the GTX 650 Ti. Is there a way to use onboard graphics, and still pass the gpu thru to the VM?

NugentS

MVP
I don't think that FreeBSD lets you passthrough the GPU to a jail. I assume this is for Plex or similar. If you read the forums most people are saying use SCALE, when its out of Beta

sws-dc

Cadet
I don't think that FreeBSD lets you passthrough the GPU to a jail. I assume this is for Plex or similar. If you read the forums most people are saying use SCALE, when its out of Beta

I'm sorry, I am still very new to Linux and TrueNAS. I am trying to pass the GTX 650 Ti to my Windows 10 VM. The problem is that the card is not discoverable at all.

I have no idea what jails are, or what they do. I do see the tab for them in the TrueNAS GUI.