TrueNAS CORE - Nextcloud Plugin - External Storage Locally

Andan60

Cadet
Version: TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3
Release: 13.1-RELEASE-p9

Goal: Use Nextcloud to backup photos on Android Phone to a dataset on TrueNas.

Problem: Error creating External storage in Nextcloud. I get a red circle with "!" when trying to add the location "mnt/Phone"

I have read through multiple posts on the forums surrounding this topic, but I have not found any answer where everything is completely written out.

Jails -> Mount Points
Source: /mnt/forbidden/NAS/Multimedia/Photos/Phone
Destination: /mnt/forbidden/iocage/jails/Nextcloud/root/mnt/Phone

Q1: I have seen various locations on the Destination mounting point, is the above one valid?

ACL
Path: /mnt/forbidden/NAS/Multimedia/Photos/Phone

Who: User, Daniel
Who: owner@
Who: User, root
above all inherit and have Full Control

Q2: Does Nextcloud need a user? When I used the Plex plugin, I believe it created a User "plex" on TrueNas. I feel like there problem is pemission based to the files, but I have temporarily added @Everyone Full Control but still cannot access the files. In my searches, it looks like people using Scale are creating a User called "www"?

Another guess to where I might be wrong could be on the Nextcloud side of things in the Administration -> External storage

Folder name: Phone (Q3: Does this name need to match the Mount Point folder name?)
External storage: Local
Authentication: None
Configuration: /mnt/Phone
Available for: [x] All users

Q4: Is the folder path correct

Last guess, is this an issue with the Plugin? I started reading about how plugins on CORE are unstable or deprecated. I'm starting to wonder if I should switch to SCALE.

victort

Guru
I use mounts perfectly fine, and the Nextcloud script works great. (Link in my signature)

When you go to /mnt/Phone in the jail, do you see the files?

The www user and group needs access to the directory on your pool as well.

Andan60

Cadet
Thanks @victort for the quick reply.

Attempting to cd into Phone via the jail's shell resulted in Permission Denied. I tried to make a www user only to find out is a builtin user that was hidden. After updating the ACL to include www access to the folder, I can access the directory inside of the jail shell.

After restarting the jail, I was able to reconfig the storage and now have access.
Thank you so much for your help.