TrueNAS Core 13.0 after adding a bridge the whole network eventually stops work after a while until I ping the host IP

EHN Admin

Dabbler
Ok, this a weird one for me.... A little background ....
  • The box is a TrueNAS Mini XL
  • I had everything working fine in TrueNAS 12
  • Upgrading to TrueNAS 13 always resulted in no UI accessible
  • Installing a fresh TrueNAS 13 and then importing the configuration from 12 resulted in no UI accessible
  • So I decided to Install fresh TrueNAS 13 and manually reconfigure all the interfaces (and services)
My stable network configuration is ...
IPMI listens on ix0 with vlan21 tag DHCP IP of 172.16.21.105

ix0(no IP) <-- vlan21 (with static IP 172.16.21.4) this is the IP the web interface listens on
ix0(no IP) <-- vlan22 (no IP)

When I add to it, to make it ....
ix0(no IP) <-- vlan21 (with static IP 172.16.21.4) this is the IP the web interface listens on
ix0(no IP) <-- vlan22 (no IP) <-- bridge22 (no IP) <-- Jail:VNET0 (static IP 172.16.22.86)

It initially works I can ping in and out and all around, I leave it alone for a while (hours) and come back and everything is unreachable except the IPMI. Here's the really weird part. If from the console (IPMI or attached KVM) I ping the host IP 172.16.21.4 and the IPMI 172.16.21.105, everything on vlan 21 comes alive an I can log into the UI again. If I then go into the Jail and ping it's own IP address then everything on vlan 22 comes alive again and I can ping everything on it.
Leave it alone and it all goes dead again and I can rinse and repeat. In short.... WTF?