TRUENAS 12.0U8 Periodic Snapshot Schedule View

T444E

Cadet
Synopsis:
Trying to figure out a quick and clean method for viewing the scheduled Periodic Snapshot tasks in TRUENAS 12.0U8 as the GUI columns do NOT include the schedule/frequency, merely the retention.

Research:
I spent several hours combing through the search utility, and could only find the below same query, seems odd that something brought up as quite the annoyance in 2020 remains untouched as of a 2022 release (12.0-U8).
https://www.truenas.com/community/t...that-showed-the-schedule-eg-every-hour.85535/

History/Context:
I have been running 11.1 on my primary production machine since it came out. Currently running 11.1-U7. I have watched other software "devolve" across industry and have been loathe to upgrade due to that risk. Thus, I still remember (and use) the old GUI that had "WHEN" and "FREQUENCY" right there in default columns. In recently building a complete new system for media, and another one for a friend to get them started in the world of FREE/TRUENAS, decided to dabble in the newer FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 and TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 respectively. In these later versions, I am noticing this inability to view Periodic Snapshot task scheduling is a glaring omission and I am curious what the current "accepted" workaround is (other than a spreadsheet). I am thinking the naming schema is likely best for this, however I am a bit hesitant to just start naming close to 70 snapshot tasks on a fresh build without really thinking it through. One example that comes to mind: "auto-f15mr2w-%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M" - that would be a frequency of 15min, retained for 2 weeks (f15mr2w). However it does nothing to really give me an idea of the true schedule, like what hours of the day it is active, and what days of the week. The below excerpt from my 11.1-U7 machine illustrates exactly what I wish to represent/view somehow. Please tell me there is at minimum a way to get this comprehensive data through the shell, despite the GUI seemingly being hobbled.
1702624027628.png

Thoughts?

NugentS

MVP
From Scale - whatever the current version is
1702633660506.png

If that helps