TrueNAS 12.0-U3.1 Excessive Memory Usage

revengineer

Contributor
Since upgrading from FreeNAS 11.3-U5 to TrueNAS 12.0-U3.1, I find that the services shown in the dashboard use an excessive amount of memory. When I add up the memory of my VMs, I come up with ~30GB and this is what was shown in the dashboard in FreeNAS 11.3-U5. However, since upgrading to TrueNAS 12.0-U3.1, the same configuration showed service memory usage of ~30GB at boot this morning and has grown to ~55GB by the evening. Is there a memory leak in this version?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
We had a fix landing next week in 12.0-U4 that should alleviate some of this memory pressure, if not get rid of it entirely.

revengineer

Contributor
We had a fix landing next week in 12.0-U4 that should alleviate some of this memory pressure, if not get rid of it entirely.
@Kris Moore Thank you, I look forward to this release. This may then be related to the python 3.8 cores and middlewared crashes I have been experiencing. However, this is not obvious when looking at memory usage with "top". I will see how things go next week and hopefully this will be resolve as well.

@unseen I point out that hijacking threads with completely unrelated issues is frowned upon and bad etiquette. Please open your own thread or file a bug report if you want this resolved. Note that I files a ticket just last week and was in contact with developers within hours.