12.0-U4 Memory leak?

revengineer

Contributor
I am trying to chase down what appears like a memory leak and could use some advice to chase this down. My baseline is for comparison is FreeNAS 11.3-U5 where my installation with 3 jails and 3 Windows virtual machines showed ~30 GB memory usage for "services" in the dashboard. On TrueNAS 12.0-U4, the service memory usages starts out the same but after 9 days of operation services memory use has grown to ~55 GB.

I then did the following:
1. Shut down all 3 VMs -> service memory usage decreased to 35 GB
2. Shut down all 3 jails -> service memory usage decreased to 33 GB
2. Restarted all 3 VMs -> service memory usage increased to 69 GB

This smells like a memory leak but do not know how to chase this down. When I use "top" and sort by memory, there is nothing that sticks out. Any advice to get to the bottom of this is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
SMB would possibly be one source of "leaking" memory... it will cache quite a lot and is counted in the Services category.

revengineer

Contributor
SMB would possibly be one source of "leaking" memory... it will cache quite a lot and is counted in the Services category.
This would make sense from the perspective that after killing VMs and jails, the SMB server was the only thing left running. I also restarted the middlewared, and that what not it. I will try restarting the SMB server when memory creeps back up. Are there any commands other than "top" which would shed more insight onto this?

revengineer

Contributor

Alecmascot

Guru
I am not sure how to file a bug report telling the developers that that they have an issue.
In the GIU: System | Support.....
Fill out a bug report and attach a Debug file.

sretalla