trouble while booting after fresh install on usb pendrive. freemas 9.2 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fierygohan

Cadet
Hi,
I am new to this forum and i am having some problems in installing freenas 9.2.
I have downloaded the iso and burnt it to a disc and installed it to a 16gb pendrive. Till this its ok.

I am having a dlink dsl2520u modem and a belkin n300 surf router. For nas i am using a toshiba pc with amd c50 processor and 3gb ram. I am also having a 320 gb hdd.

I connected an ethernet cable from the nas pc to the wifi router which has 4 such
lan ports. And then booted it with the pendrive.
After sometime a message came "Waiting up to 5 seconds for ixdiagnose to finish... done." Still nothing came and the ip address didnt come. Also i saw that this router has no dhcp reservation.

My question is what will I do, is my connection right, and will i be able to access the nas from another laptop connected in wifi.

Please help me.
Thanks in advance
Bye

Yatti420

Wizard
Might be ok for a UFS setup but you won't have any redundancy.. Are you sure everything is hooked up properly? If you have a wireless router you can access the NAS with any wifi device.. http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Main_Page

fierygohan

Cadet
Hi
Now i Am not able to boot even the installation CD. Is such in the screen which says vm_fault pager read error pid 1 (init)

Status
Not open for further replies.