Trouble connecting to VM, it only shows black screen with TianoCore logo?

EvanVanVan

Patron
I'm having trouble connecting to the Ubuntu VM I have Pi-Hole installed on. In TrueNAS 12.0, bhyve only showed a black screen. I just updated to TrueNAS 13.0 and now it shows a black screen with a TianoCore logo. I know the VM is working properly because Pi-Hole is setup as my router's DNS server and I can browse properly. When I stop the VM all DNS queries timeout.

I've had issues connecting to the VM for a long time (usually bhyve just doesn't even connect if it's been running for a while). The workaround was to restart the VM, then I could access it. At some point it started only connecting to the black screen no matter what I did.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• vm settings.jpg
    vm settings.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 133

EvanVanVan

Patron
Bumping this. Anyone know how to get back into the VM? Attached is all I see when I click VNC. But like I said, I know it's running properly because Pi-Hole is working. Is there any other way to connect to it (the VM)?

Thanks

Edit: Somehow I finally got it working again. Googling it it seemed to have something to do with the GPU being busy or something. Rebooting the VM and connecting instantly with VNC Viewer (instead of bhyve) connected properly. I'd still like to figured out why it loses the connection in bhyve, but at least I can update Ubuntu and Pi-Hole finally.

Attachments

• vm black screen.jpg
    vm black screen.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

FelipeFR

Cadet
I rebooted and still not working.
So, I edited Truenas VM devices and changed the boot order... VNC first and then I got image.