Transmission shows as stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewsit2010

Dabbler
I was having some trouble with the 9.3 upgrade so decided to just stick with 9.2.1.9. I don't know how long this behavior has been like this(or a result of installing/restoring), but Transmission from the Plugins GUI is showing as off. When looking at the jail the transmission daemon is running. Service transmission stop/start work fine.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I was having some trouble with the 9.3 upgrade so decided to just stick with 9.2.1.9. I don't know how long this behavior has been like this(or a result of installing/restoring), but Transmission from the Plugins GUI is showing as off. When looking at the jail the transmission daemon is running. Service transmission stop/start work fine.
What version of transmission? Was this an upgrade?

It sounds like it's not actually transmission that is the problem but the daemon that interfaces between freenas and the transmission jail (used for stopping/starting/checking status/editing config of transmission). Stopping and starting the jail is one way to get it to stop and start (it runs inside the jail).

drewsit2010

Dabbler
transmission-2.84_1-amd64, and yes it was upgraded from a previous version. I also did try to stop/start the jail, but was getting the same behavior.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
transmission-2.84_1-amd64, and yes it was upgraded from a previous version. I also did try to stop/start the jail, but was getting the same behavior.
There was an issue where if you upgraded to 2.84, the new init file wasn't getting linked. Please try this in your transmission jail
Code:
rm /usr/local/etc/rc.d/transmission
ln -s /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/rc.d/transmission /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no problem, glad it works for you =]

elessargr

Cadet
Hello,
im having the same problem. :(

Im newbie on freenas.
I try to access transmission WebUI but it doesnt work. @the Plugins->Installed the Transmission (V 2.77_1) its off but from the jails i can start it and shut is down.
Im ping the transmission server with success.
On the folder /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ i dont have any "transmission" folder; also on /usr/pbi/ i dont have any "transmission*" also.

any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot

btw im having the freenas 9.2.1.9 x32

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello,
im having the same problem. :(

Im newbie on freenas.
I try to access transmission WebUI but it doesnt work. @the Plugins->Installed the Transmission (V 2.77_1) its off but from the jails i can start it and shut is down.
Im ping the transmission server with success.
On the folder /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ i dont have any "transmission" folder; also on /usr/pbi/ i dont have any "transmission*" also.

any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot

btw im having the freenas 9.2.1.9 x32
You problem is unrelated to the OP because you are on an older version of the plugin.

transmission runs in a jail so its init file path is relative to that jail.

You ae going to have alot of issues running plugins on 32bit freenas. If you want to run plugins on freenas I suggest you use freenas 64bit with capable hardware.

elessargr

Cadet
You problem is unrelated to the OP because you are on an older version of the plugin.

transmission runs in a jail so its init file path is relative to that jail.

You ae going to have alot of issues running plugins on 32bit freenas. If you want to run plugins on freenas I suggest you use freenas 64bit with capable hardware.

I have tried to find an new version of plugin x32 but with out success.

Im running x32 because my old pc is the only one having for testing. Im building a small NAS but first i would like to know a little bit how to use Freenas before finishing with my project.
(project pc
interl xeon E3-1225
32GB ECC ram
supermicro X9SCA-F
12slots HDD
raid card
:P )

Status
Not open for further replies.