transmission problems after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRS

Dabbler
after upgrading to freenas-9.3 and applying all latest system and plugin updates the transmission plugin started to "misbehave".
1. on the plugins tab in the GUI the transmission plugin was turned off. when I enabled it, I got an error in the log about insufficient buffer space.
following the advice in this thread I applied "sysctl: kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=5242880"
2. after reboot the plugin service status in the gui was still off.
when I tried to enable it, I got the error that the port was taken, and that perhaps a copy of transmission is already running
3. I was able to log in to the transmission page, and it seems to work ,BUT:
A) the plugin status in freenas gui is set to off
B) the torrent list has been cleared (although the downloaded files are still present)

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
after upgrading to freenas-9.3 and applying all latest system and plugin updates the transmission plugin started to "misbehave".
1. on the plugins tab in the GUI the transmission plugin was turned off. when I enabled it, I got an error in the log about insufficient buffer space.
following the advice in this thread I applied "sysctl: kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=5242880"
2. after reboot the plugin service status in the gui was still off.
when I tried to enable it, I got the error that the port was taken, and that perhaps a copy of transmission is already running
3. I was able to log in to the transmission page, and it seems to work ,BUT:
A) the plugin status in freenas gui is set to off
B) the torrent list has been cleared (although the downloaded files are still present)

any advice will be greatly appreciated
transmission version?
Can you try a fresh install of transmission in a second jail and see if you are experiencing the same issues?

HRS

Dabbler
The list of available plugins is empty !!
The installed list is displayed, but all services are shown as "off", even though they are running
The list of jails is displayed correctly

The docs suggest testing ping to verify DNS configuration. the ping works, so it must be something else.

Any clue anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.