Transmission setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabac1987

Dabbler
Hi all

I'm wondering if someone can help me I'm trying to use transmission though freenas I'm wondering how can I setup transmission to download to a unfinished torrent folder then when it's finished move it to another folder?

I had this setup previously but I deleted my setup so I'm starting from scratch.

I've tried to find a guide online but I can't seem to find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artion

Patron
Hi, what version of FreeNAS are you referring to?
take a look at this.

Last edited:

Louc918

Dabbler
Hi all

I'm wondering if someone can help me I'm trying to use transmission though freenas I'm wondering how can I setup transmission to download to a unfinished torrent folder then when it's finished move it to another folder?

I had this setup previously but I deleted my setup so I'm starting from scratch.

I've tried to find a guide online but I can't seem to find anything.

This is the guide I use, and it works flawlessly.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
what you want is accomplished by setting the "incomplete download directory"

tabac1987

Dabbler
Hey guys thank for you help I got it worrking what I done I added jail storage one for each folder to then the destination one is /mnt and the other is /media then filled out incomplete download directory and script torrent done,

Now it works flawlessly thanks for your help

tabac1987

Dabbler
IMG_0523.JPG

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I don't think you understand what "script torrent done" is. it is a fairly specific setting, only needed when you run a script after downloads are complete. you should unset that value since it really isn't doing anything for you.

glad it's working

tabac1987

Dabbler
I don't think you understand what "script torrent done" is. it is a fairly specific setting, only needed when you run a script after downloads are complete. you should unset that value since it really isn't doing anything for you.

glad it's working
Oh I see ah well it's working as I want now so I'll just leave it, also I changed the complete and incomplete directory in the transmission app aswell now it's working well on all my devices so I'll just leave it as is,

What can you do with the script torrent done?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
most people use it to trigger nzbToMedia

what you end up with is sickrage/couchpotato can initate a download on transmission, then transmission triggers nzbToMedia, which does or triggers the post-processing for sickrage/couchpotato.
you can get your shows/movies downloaded and neatly organized for you without any programs having to do any scanning of directories, everything is instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.