Transmission not picking up .torrent files from watch directory and uploading not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tording99z28

Dabbler
I have a fresh installation of the current version of FreeNAS on my server I just set up. Things seem to be working pretty well except transmission does not pick up the .torrent files in my watch directory and the torrent watching is enabled. If I manually go into the web gui for transmission and do an upload on the .torrent file it works and the torrent downloads however it will never upload anything only download. Anybody give me some things to look at here. I have looked at permissions and set everything to 777 just to see what would happen and nothing makes it work. For some reason when I save a .torrent file to my watch directory it gives the file the permissions of 640 and I think this is the problem. Nothing I do changes this fact and I think transmission can't read the file. Anyway to change this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

tording99z28

Dabbler
Ok so the uploading is working fine actually but the torrent watch is still not picking up the torrent files. Anybody help me out?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
how are you uploading files to the torrent directory. they need to be readable by the user transmission runs as, which by default is 'transmission'

Status
Not open for further replies.