Transmission - Downloaded content not being auto-moved to /downloads (or long delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
Hi there!

I have FreeNAS 9.10 Stable and the latest version of Transmission, along with SickRage, CouchPotato and Plex.

I'm having issues when downloading content. Added items in CouchPotato take, when available and downloaded, a long time to show up in the correct folder, and in the meantime the items won't show up in Transmissions completed folder.

When adding items manually I've also noticed that items won't show up when completed. However, I've noticed the strange behaviour that when I reboot the server, the completed folders/files show up immediately. Does anyone recognize this issue, and/or know what might cause it?

Thanks in advance,
//Viktor

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
how long approximately? maybe that is just the time between couchpotato scanning the completed download folder?

I personally use nzbToMedia to have couchpotato do the post-processing immediately.

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
I don't think that is the answer, as this occurs with any content downloaded - music, movies, series and applications.. The completed files simply does not appear for at least a few hours, unless I reboot the server.

I have had problems with permissions while installing the plugins - it's not a straightforward process to ge them all working with each other.. Could my problems be related to faulty permissions-setup?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I doubt it's related to permissions, it would ever move in this case.

to clarify, it takes 2 hours for the file to post-processing to happen, or for transmission to move files to the completed download folder?
if it's the post-processing that is taking a while check the logs for errors for the related programs (CP/SR), the settings for often it scans, or do what I do and setup script post-processing so this happens immediately.

####
why do even mention music, what program do you have moving music files?

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
Well I haven't measured the time it takes for post-processing, as I don't think that the post-processing is the problem. The problem I think I'm having is rather connected to Transmission. I mentioned music and other media since I experience the same behavior with all media. I.e. I've added an application-torrent manually into my watch-folder. This is then downloaded in Transmission (picked up immediately), however when complete it does not show up in my completed folder. The torrent is not subject to post-processing and still doesn't show up. After an unknown time (at least a few hours) the files seem to show up correctly.

As I said, rebooting seems to immediately sort the issue and the torrents are visible straight away.

I'm at loss here!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well I haven't measured the time it takes for post-processing, as I don't think that the post-processing is the problem. The problem I think I'm having is rather connected to Transmission. I mentioned music and other media since I experience the same behavior with all media. I.e. I've added an application-torrent manually into my watch-folder. This is then downloaded in Transmission (picked up immediately), however when complete it does not show up in my completed folder. The torrent is not subject to post-processing and still doesn't show up. After an unknown time (at least a few hours) the files seem to show up correctly.

As I said, rebooting seems to immediately sort the issue and the torrents are visible straight away.

I'm at loss here!
Ok, then it sounds related to tranmission. I'd install a second instance of transmission in another jail to confirm.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Out of curiosity how are you checking your completed folder? Through ssh/Shell (FreeNAS WebGui) or using Finder/Explorer on a PC?

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
Out of curiosity how are you checking your completed folder? Through ssh/Shell (FreeNAS WebGui) or using Finder/Explorer on a PC?
Checking it via Finder.. Valid point, maybe I should check via SSH to rule out that something's wrong with my share?

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Checking it via Finder.. Valid point, maybe I should check via SSH to rule out that something's wrong with my share?
In my experience, Finder takes a while to refresh the file lists on remote shares. I added an AppleScript to my Finder menu that forces a refresh of that particular folder. Maybe worth a Google.

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
In my experience, Finder takes a while to refresh the file lists on remote shares. I added an AppleScript to my Finder menu that forces a refresh of that particular folder. Maybe worth a Google.
Thanks! Will save me time if it works, will report back :)

Viktor Westin

Dabbler
Guess what.

Forgetting about your post tonyp1983, I started by installing a new transmission plugin in new jail, and found out that it was behaving in the same way as my previous install. Then, opening this thread again I was reminded of your possible simple solution. Found a script that adds a button in the Finder toolbar. Added a new torrent manually to reproduce the issue, and refreshed - voilá!

Haha thank you very very much! I did not at all think outside the box and was determined the issue was with my FreeNAS-box. Appreciate your input incredibly much!

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Guess what.

Forgetting about your post tonyp1983, I started by installing a new transmission plugin in new jail, and found out that it was behaving in the same way as my previous install. Then, opening this thread again I was reminded of your possible simple solution. Found a script that adds a button in the Finder toolbar. Added a new torrent manually to reproduce the issue, and refreshed - voilá!

Haha thank you very very much! I did not at all think outside the box and was determined the issue was with my FreeNAS-box. Appreciate your input incredibly much!

Haha! Absolutely no problem, glad I could help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.