Transmission _ Port closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Trying to get port 51413 open for Transmission, It is located at 192.168.1.3:9091
FreeNAS020.jpg
My Router shows this
FreeNAS021.jpg
I'm kind of new to torrents as I have always used Usenet Groups. Now that I have a dedicated server I thought I'd set up Transmission. I still have a fair bit or research and reading to do. I'm pretty sure I must setup a VPN for Transmission ( https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...en-using-pia-i-e-creating-a-killswitch.27640/)
Transmission is working....just seems slow and I'd thought I'd fix the port issue first.
FreeNas IP is 192.168.1.106

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Router settings look fine to me, maybe restart transmission to let it recheck if the port is open.

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Router settings look fine to me, maybe restart transmission to let it recheck if the port is open.
Yep, tried that twice. I know it is Transmission that opened the port on the Router. Can it be a windows issue or must it be the router? I'm having a similar issue opening the port for emby. Any web based port checker indicates my ports are closed. Could it be my ISP ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yep, tried that twice. I know it is Transmission that opened the port on the Router. Can it be a windows issue or must it be the router? I'm having a similar issue opening the port for emby. Any web based port checker indicates my ports are closed. Could it be my ISP ?
possibly an ISP issue. works fine on my pfsense and dd-wrt routers.

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.