Transfer problems after upgrade to 8.0.4-p1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheater

Explorer
Problem: Network grinding to a halt after upgrade to FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1-x64 (11059) from 8.0.4

Setup: in sig.

Background: recently changed to the listed version and speeds had dropped right off. After 550MB, there is a huge pause, then speeds drop down to 2-3MB/S. They were 60-80 previously. I was using NFS, tried CiFS, and even FTPed in. They are all slow.

1. Suggestion for fixing this in the current build?
2. Am I able to use my current config file and downgrade to the 8.0.4?

Thanks for looking.

FE

StephenFry

Contributor
Downgrading shouldn't be a problem.
Always backup your config though, in case of trouble.

Are you talking about read and/or write speeds? If it's at the 550MB mark, each time, then maybe there's a clue to be had.

Have you tried more than one machine connecting to the NAS and do they all have the exact same issue?

fisheater

Explorer
Funny you should ask about using another system. The post is on hold for the moment. I just tried a win7 computer and the speeds are ~80MB/s which is about what I had previously. I'll try a few other types of network access and look more closely at my Linux setup. Will update soon.

Thanks!

FE

fisheater

Explorer
[SOLVED!]

Ok I went back to basics and reconsidered all aspects of this problem. I started to assess each link of this network. Short answer: bad network cable. I had moved my computer in the meantime. New cable = original transfer speeds.

Thanks for your insights!

FE

Status
Not open for further replies.