Slow transfer speed after upgrade to 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepppard

Dabbler
So I recently updated my system so I can expand my ZFS volume after replacing my disks with 3TB disks. Had some issues out of the gate with it and took a while to fix it but my volume is acting well and everything is good. I finally get around to transfer some data on to this thing and BAM 1 MB/s. Odd, I had put everything onto a new switch so I went back straight to the router (Both NAS and PC) and it jumps up to 10 MB/s. Still crap seeing as I used to get a consistent 70 MB/s.

I checked all cables to make sure they are at least Cat5e and they are. I'm fairly new to all this so I'm not to familiar with fine tuning but it's a bit frustrating that the upgrade would kill my transfer speed. Any ideas?

Build: FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)
SPECS:
Intel Core 2 Q6700
Asus P5Q motherboard
8 GB of RAM
8 x 3 TB WD RED
RAIDZ2

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Have you tried doing a dd test to see what your write speeds are? Basically you'll need to determine where the bottleneck actually is. It could be anything from one of your hard drives on the zpool to your source machine's hard drive. After you identify the bottleneck then you can begin trying to determine how(or if) you can fix the bottleneck.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Shocker! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.