Time Machine restore from recovery mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked around and could not really find anything. I've had the server running fine, files sharing works great for both M$ and OS X. Been running TM from several Macs. Working fine, can enter Time Machine and browse the backups just fine. But when I tried to run it from recovery mode it fails. I can see the TM volume, select it as a source and I'm prompted for username and password. Nothing works, always get a cannot connect error. TIA. Mark

Edit: sorry, forgot the details. Was using FreeNAS 9.1 when I saw this problem. So I looked around and saw a post about upgrading to 9.2 might help as well as changing the ACL from Unix to Windows/Mac. Did both. Using OS X 10.8.5. And I know restore from recovery mode does work as I can access it properly from a attached USB drive.

Did you ever find a solution to this?
No I have not. Was hoping someone from the dev team might make a comment since some appear to have OS X. I did install an OS update mentioned somewhere on here but no change. I'm going to try upgrading to 10.9 latter on and see if that makes a difference.

D

dlavigne

The devs typically don't hang out here. If you think it is a bug, create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.