8.01 Beta 4 i386 - Time Machine and Smartd

Status
Not open for further replies.

garth

Dabbler
So I thought I would try upgrading from 0.72 to 8 today and see how netatalk 2.1.5 was working. I wasn't expecting any miracles under OS X 10.7's Time Machine - but my production machines running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) also don't see any disks in the Time Machine preferences. Disks for TM have the 'options:tm' in the AppleVolumes.default file.

This is a new install and I imported my 0.72 UFS volumes. Normal AFP file sharing works for both 10.6 and 10.7.

Any ideas?

Another thing I noticed is smartd won't start. From the command line I get 'will not start smarted because smarted_enable is NO - I saw elsewhere this was fixed in trunk, but I thought that was before Beta 4 was released.

[UPDATE] - In 10.6 - If I first mount the share and then go into TM preferences, I can then select the share and TM backs up properly. Previously, the share would show up after clicking 'Select Disk' in TM preferences regardless if I mounted the destination share first.

In 10.7 - this does not work and TM volumes from AFPD do not show up at all in TM preferences 'Select Disk'

Status
Not open for further replies.