Time Machine - OS X 10.7 Lion - 8.0.1 RC - AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Just upgraded to the new 8.0.1 RC firmware. I tried to configure time machine with Volume 2 of my freenas system, but I get this error once it trys to start the backup process.

Time Machine Error
"The network backup disk does not support the required AFP features."

Now I typed:
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 2

into the mac terminal so I could see Volume 2 drive.
I selected this drive and tried to back up, it then gave me the error above.

Any ideas has anyone successfully got time machine working again with OS X 10.7 Lion and 8.0.1 RC.

Thanks

seggerman

Dabbler
Hi tmacka88,

I've used Build 8r7209 with a patch by Delphij (FreeNas developer) to successfully backup my wifes MB (10.7.1, around 80GB of data). Over the weekend I want to give the RC1 a shot, but concerning AFP nothing much has changed.

Since you mentioned that you had the change the defaults on OSX did you create the volume on FreeNAS as a Timemachine Volume and did you also check the "disk discovery" option for the AFP Share?

Cheers

Alexander

tmacka88

Patron
I just made it Volume 1, didn't use disk discovery. ill give it a try

S

sanctuarydan

Now I typed:
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 2

into the mac terminal so I could see Volume 2 drive.
As I understand it the correct syntax is sudo defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

tmacka88

Patron

seggerman

Dabbler
As I understand it the correct syntax is sudo defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

This isn't necessary if everything is set up correctly on the FreeNAS side. The volume hast to be a setup as timemachine and "disk discovery" must be checked.

Alexander

garth

Dabbler
This isn't necessary if everything is set up correctly on the FreeNAS side. The volume hast to be a setup as timemachine and "disk discovery" must be checked.

Alexander

This is important - the "TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes" kludge means that the user did not setup FreeNAS properly and you will not be able to restore via Time Machine properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.