The Saga of the Dell R510 and the H310 card...

LtHaus

Dabbler
Good morning.
<Edit>
TL:DR ( is there any harm in running with the /dev/passN till I get the new card in IT mode?? )
</Edit>

Let me first start by saying, wow. ok I have spent more hours looking for this solution and at the end of the day I think I'm just stuck.

I got a great deal on a used R510 and they tossed in a the PERC 310 for me. After Reading that the 310 can be refreshed with No Problem Pain Suffering Anguish.

At any rate, I migrated my OLD Freenas 6x4TB drives into the new platform and I must say, as unsure of myself, that went with NO Issues. Shutdown, physical relocation and a few minor hoops to re-IP... its back up.

The issue:
My H310 card WON't Re-flash. It won't update, it won't Dell Flash it just won't. That said, it works... ;-/

So my drives present as /dev/pass0,1,2,3,4... And the Pool P1 Came to life with no issues.

I know this is NOT ideal and I found on Ebay a New/openbox Flashed H310 P20 IT mode card that I have already purchased and BEGGGGED they ship ASAP for me.

To the point of the thread... If anyone was following my 2 other posts, I have 2 drives in my R2 combo that have 3 and 7 pending unreadable sectors. I have the two spare drives populated.......

This is a simple NAS, low use and Apple TimeMachine Target for 3 systems in the house.
Is there any reason that I should not start this baby up and get to relocating / silvering etc so my drive pool is 100% error free again?
Is there any reason, that I should not just let this run till the replacement card shows?

Who knows why this R510 / H310 combo prevents re-flashing? I have read a bunch of... I had problems but moved the card and it flashed..

Thanks as always..

v

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 11.16.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 11.16.33 AM.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

LtHaus

Dabbler
Good morning.
<Edit>
TL ; DR ( is there any harm in running with the /dev/passN till I get the new card in IT mode?? ).
</Edit>