Dell R710 and Dell Perc H310 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbendorf

Cadet
Hi...This is my first post here as I am retired military and have decided to build a server for videos, pictures and music collected along the way. I have a Dell R710 which is up and running with FreeNAS. I have both Dell Perc H310 and Dell Perc H200 cross patched cards (SAS2008-IT P20). I had now problems patching both card to IT mode. I can use either card in a small server that I have setup with no problems...it sees all of my drives in FreeNAS. I can move the H200 card to the R710 with no problem and FreeNAS see all of my drives. But, when I install the H310 in the R710 it does not see the H310. During boot up it recognizes the H310 as having only one SAS cable, so evidently the computer is seeing the card, but it does not show when I try to import my drives. I am wondering if anyone else is using a flashed H310 successfully in a R710 server. I read in another post that someone said the P7 version of the IT firmware worked with the R710. Thanks in advance for any insights or help that you can provide.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Status
Not open for further replies.