SYBA SY-PEX24028 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Exp

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeous

Cadet
Dear Gent's can you tell me if this NIC is supported by freenes because I want to use the link aggregation in freenas.
product details :
http://www.sybausa.com/productInfo.php?iid=1291

here is my mother board that I want to add the nic to it & if you can suggest any other NIC that it fully supported by both freenas and my mother board :

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi azeous,

I always consider it a bad sign when the maker doesn't tell you what the chip the board is based on, that said the NIC uses the RealTek RTL8111E chipset so it should be supported. I can't tell you how it will work with ling aggregation. The SYBA card is PCI-e 1x, so it should work in any PCI-e slot on your board.

-Will

azeous

Cadet
thanks alot for you replay and I am waiting to test with free NAS ,Why I Choose this mode because it's sheep it cost only $38.

ShaharHD

Dabbler
Re: SYBA SY-PEX24028 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI

Hi,

sorry to hijack this thread - but it seems I have a weird issue with this card.

my motherboard doesn't even detect it - I can't see any information of this card in pciconf or devinfo ... but the on-board re0 is detected and working correctly.
tried to disable the on-board from the BIOS, but freebsd just brings it back to life ... and still no PEX24028 detection.
any idea why?

Motherboard: GA-F2A85X-D3H

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Re: SYBA SY-PEX24028 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI

Please start your own thread if you have a problem and be sure to follow the forum rules and include the appropriate information(you didn't here). It is good forum etiquette to keep the thread to the original topic. Additionally, it is bad ettiquette to resurrect a months old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.