Suggestion for iX - Sell rack mount chassis.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
I really like TrueNAS so I though about looking at systems. The chassis are great but the prices are too rich for me.

I want to create a backup for plex but I have struggled to find a 2U chassis that I like. iX systems may be able to earn more $$$ by selling chassis instead of full builds.

Could iX look at the possibility to sell rack mount chassis?

Istarusa cases still seem to be available but are almost all special order now, when my work and I acquired them years back they were much more readily available....
Protocase will probably make you anything you want as long as your are willing to pay them lol

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Since iX mostly just buys their chassis from suppliers who do specialize in that sort of thing, the value they can add is small.
I want to create a backup for plex but I have struggled to find a 2U chassis that I like
iX's rackmount systems are pretty standard, chassis-wise, and it shouldn't be difficult to find a suitable equivalent that fits your needs. The only chassis that's not commonly available is that of the tower TrueNAS Mini XL.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
Since iX mostly just buys their chassis from suppliers who do specialize in that sort of thing, the value they can add is small.

iX's rackmount systems are pretty standard, chassis-wise, and it shouldn't be difficult to find a suitable equivalent that fits your needs. The only chassis that's not commonly available is that of the tower TrueNAS Mini XL.
Even if the profit of selling chassis is small, I bet they would sell more chassis than complete systems.

Based on the info I can find, the following models are rack mount: F100, F60, M60, M50, M40, M30, X20, X10, ok basically everything beside the desktop mini models. iX sells the chassis, we build the systems. In our rack a very nice looking TrueNAS case with core or scale installed on it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler