Subsonic file locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFox

Explorer
I've been having some trouble with Subsonic recently. Like, album art not showing up -- even when there is a cover.jpg image in the folder with the files, and more recently with some songs not playing at all. When I try the player just sits there, no advancing on the time counter. But other tracks work. If I'm on a mobile app trying to play these files I get the message we're "waiting for the wi-fi network" to cache them, when we're connected and there's nothing bogging down the files from transferring.

This isn't an issue with the files themselves, I've played these specific tracks on Subsonic before with no issues, and I also have a Plex plugin that is reading from the exact same files and it plays the tracks fine. I even quickly set up second instance to Subsonic and it was able to play them as well.

I suspect this is some sort of database corruption issue, but I'm not having much luck investigating as I don't know where to find the log files for Subsonic when it is set up as FreeNAS plugin. I've been poking around in the filesystem of the jail but didn't see anything obvious. Also I'd like to know where the library database files are in case I need to purge and have them recreated.

SeaFox

Explorer
I haven't done anything with this since I started this topic, I was waiting to see if I got a response.

Up to this point, my "solution" was to delete the files/album from FreeNAS, and wait for it to get re-added. My normal desktop computer does a one-way file mirroring from my music collection automatically on Friday mornings (this includes calculating file hashes for comparison, so it takes a little time), then Subsonic is set to rescan the library automatically at 2pm CST daily. So in a couple hours here anything I noticed was wrong and removed from the on-NAS music collection since last Friday will be resolved, because Subsonic will see them as "new" files.

But that only works for what I catch. I wont know if there's other things wrong until I'm browsing my Subsonic server and notice art missing on a specific album, or am trying to play something and it wont suddenly.

I still have the second jail and subsonic server I created last week, but I'd like to avoid having to go through rebuilding the Subsonic user accounts, playlists, etc. that I had started making on my original install.

I'm also interested in switching to LibreSonic, as my Subsonic Premium license expires next month. The $12/yr cost of Subsonic is ignorable, it's just the principle of having to pay a subscription fee to access my own content on my own hardware over my own internet connection. I need local caching ability for my music server for offline listening, so using the Plex server I already have instead is a no-go. I can stream remotely for free, but caching requires the $5/mo PlexPass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.