FreeNas & Subsonic Noobs Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclark7029

Dabbler
Hello - I've successfully installed FreeNas and activated the Subsonic Plugin. I currently have my music stored in /mnt/Server/Music. When I went into Subsonic WebGUI to set up the media folders, it defaults to /var/music. Is it just a simple matter of changing Subsonic to point to the /mnt location?

Currently /mnt/Server/Music directory permissions allow full read/write for the guest user as I have mostly windows media players using cifs in my house. As I want to also allow streaming to family members outside my home network, is there a way to add another mount point just for Subsonic use that only allows for read permission?

Thanks - Mike

mctt

Dabbler
First question about switching from /var to music path, yes.
Second question, just create a user within Subsonic with the appropriate permissions. Then give them that login.

Just to check Mike, on the first question have you Added Storage to the Subsonic jail in the Freenas web GUI?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes, just point Subsonic to the location of your media (which should be storage you mounted into your jail). Also, this is not FreeNAS related and should be asked on the Subsonic forum.

When you "Add_Storage" into your subsonic jail just check "Read-Only".

maclark7029

Dabbler
No, I hadn't added storage to the subsonic jail. That's the hint I was looking for. If I have more issues with Subsonic I won't post them here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.