Storage out of space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

Dabbler
Hi all, let's see how I can explain this better, this is my setup.

Build FreeNAS-11.1-U5
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory 16233MB
Setup mirror
Capture.PNG

1 x 30GB (Freenas OS)
2 X 3TB NAS drives (I use it for storage: Docs, pics, etc) at 6% used
1 x 500GB regular HD (Plex: videos)

I made the mistake of setting up the 500GB drive as my plex drive, now I ran out of space. any solutions to this?

I was thinking about getting another 3TB NAS or should I get two?

fTYfRo

please bear with me, I did all the config by researching but I cant find anything related to my issue. I'm a noob still.

Thank you

Last edited:
It would be easier to make suggestions if you provided details about your hardware configuration. That said, you will likely need to add drives in a new vdev to one of your pools or re-architect the way your pools are built.

Sinister

Dabbler
Is that the info you need? would one more 3TB just for plex would be ok? I want to remove the 500GB. I dont want to loose any of the data. ty

Last edited:

rvassar

Guru
Can't you just move the 500Gb worth of data to the 2x3Tb (6% used) pool? 500Gb is ~16% of 3Tb, plus 6% you have in other data... You'd be at 22%...

Is that the info you need? would one more 3TB just for plex would be ok? I want to remove the 500GB. I don't want to loose any of the data. ty

I would like to know what kind of motherboard, disk controller, and case you have. That is to determine how many drive bays the case has, and how many drives the disk controller can support. The storage list helps, but it would be more helpful to see the output of "zpool list -v" from a shell prompt.

Sinister

Dabbler
Can't you just move the 500Gb worth of data to the 2x3Tb (6% used) pool? 500Gb is ~16% of 3Tb, plus 6% you have in other data... You'd be at 22%...

thats not a bad idea at all!!

I would like to know what kind of motherboard, disk controller, and case you have. That is to determine how many drive bays the case has, and how many drives the disk controller can support. The storage list helps, but it would be more helpful to see the output of "zpool list -v" from a shell prompt.

Mobo: IBM Lenovo Motherboard IS8XM 03T7158 (4 x Sata ports)
Case: 3 x 5.25 drive bays (4 if I remove the dvd-rom)
1 x 3.5

so basically my only option is to replace the 500GB, if I add 2 HD's I have to remove the dvd-room. ty

zpool.PNG

Last edited:

Sinister

Dabbler
as rvassar recommended I moved all the data from the 500gb to the 3TB drives, I think thats the best option. now how do I transfer the plex jail plugin to the 3TB HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.