Stateful ipv6 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmuk

Dabbler
I have a local ipv6 network and would like to get my Freenas box to use it. The Network uses a DHCPv6 server and I have been trying to get the freenas box obtain the IP and other configuration through DHCPV6 which does not seem to work. rtsol seems to be capable of doing stateless autoconfiguration but not act as a dhcpv6 client.

After some search I found that dhcp6c is capable of doing. I did a pkg_add -r dhcp6c on the base (not sure if this is allowed) this seems to works but has the following issues
1. all config files in /usr/local/etc/ gets deleted on restart. although the dhcp6c binary seems to persist
2. the ipv6 address is only assigned on my main lagg interface and does not seem to propagate to the epair* interfaces of the jails.

My questions, is there a more robust way to get ipv6 (stateful dhcpv6) based configuration to work for the base system and the jails?

jkmuk

Dabbler
Bump... anyone with a similar problem that has found a solution?

D

dlavigne

AFAIK, IPv6 DHCP should work out of the box on 9.3. If you're running the latest STABLE and it isn't working, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.