started virtualbox jail with windows = cant connect to any plugin or other jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian78

Patron
I have installed FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412312006 and some plugins and virntualbox jail 4.3.12 (i start it only manualy when i need it) with installed windows.

Problem is, when i start virtualbox jail, all connections to installed plugins or another jails (like owncloud, plex) are lost. Cant connect for example transmission client or owncloud web interface or plex web interface.

When i stop virtualbox jail, i can again reconnect to installed plugins or another jails.

Have anyone same problem?

marian78

Patron
No, freenas have 192.168.10.11 and windows in virtualbox have 192.168.10.102.

jails.JPG

virtualbox settings:

virtualbox_jail_settings.JPG

Last edited:

marian78

Patron
ok, found what i wrong set. o_O

In virtualbox web ui i setup for windows virtual machine network interface as bridge bge0, that is physical network adapter, that is use by virtualbox jail (i have only one network adapter on box):

bridge.JPG

When i setup NAT all is ok.

But how to setup network in machine, if i want use RDP and folder sharing without bridge?

edit: now testing NAT and portforwarding. RDP work with port forward TCP/UDP 3389:

nat_port_forward.JPG

edit2: CIFS share on Windows (quest virtualbox) i failed set with portforward. But through mapping shared folders in VirtualBox settings I joined jail in the dataset and that I share with FreeNAS CIFS.

But I still think, that the bridge in virtualbox network settings should be operational, so that it would not affect the other jails functionality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.