Sorry! an error occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewei

Cadet
Hey guys
I just installed freenas 8.3.1 and got into web GUI yesterday.
The problem is when i click the most of the buttons. it keep saying
螢幕快照 2018-01-01 下午8.09.49.png

(means: Sorry! an error occurred!)

but I can get in system information and also view my disk.
螢幕快照 2018-01-01 下午8.11.22.png

please help... this confused me a lot.
Thanks in advance:)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Why would you install such an old unsupported release?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Why would you install such an old unsupported release?
Maybe because he thinks it will run better on his entirely-inappropriate hardware?

chewei

Cadet
Sorry.. because I don't know which version my device can take care of.
and most of the post online in mandarin chinese are used 8.3.1...
could you give me an advise about the version?
Thank you~

chewei

Cadet
Maybe because he thinks it will run better on his entirely-inappropriate hardware?

Hi danb35
yeah. i know my hardware might not appropriate but i still want to try is freenas could be completely setup on that laptop. i've been trying this for few days and i really want to finish it.

please help me if you have any advice.
Thanks a lot!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Running FreeNAS on a laptop is a recipe for disaster, it doesn't meet the minimum specs for running FreeNAS. You should start by reading the resources section at the top of this page for proper hardware recommendations.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Happy New Year!

Please do not use a laptop, while you might get FreeNAS to run, it will not run well and you need 4GB RAM for FreeNAS 8.x to run stable, meaning that all might look good but it will likely crash.

You can run FreeNAS 11.0-U4 or 11.1 on a virtual machine on a machine with more resources to test it out. Popular free VM software are VMWare Workstation/Player and VirtualBox.

If you really just need a simple fast NAS and nothing more then FreeNAS 8.3.1 is fine but it still needs the proper hardware regardless. Note that you will be limited to what protocol was supported back then and not SMB3 or other improvements that have occurred.

danb35

Hall of Famer
you need 4GB RAM for FreeNAS 8.x to run stable, meaning that all might look good but it will likely crash.
OP has over 4 GB (nearly 6 GB, in fact). There are plenty of other reasons why this is a bad idea, but RAM quantity isn't one of them.

chewei

Cadet
Thanks for all your advices
i think im gonna quit this stupid idea:(

but i still really want to know why it seems all hardware conditions are fine with this laptop but i cannot set up properly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.