Sonarr not connecting after changing user it runs as

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryce

Explorer
I finally got sonarr and sabnzbd to work together nicely. But I forgot to make it so I can browse/edit the files from my windows box. So I went back to sonarr's jail first and did the following

Code:
pw useradd -n USER -u UID -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin

Changing USER to the freenas user that has access to the shares, etc. Changed the UID to it's user id in freenas (1001)

Then I did the following

Code:
pw groupmod GROUP -m USER

Changing GROUP to the freenas group that has access to the shares, etc. Changed USER to the user I just added to the jail that matches freenas.

I then did the following

Code:
service sonarr onestop
chown -R USER:GROUP /var/db/sonarr
chown -R USER:GROUP /media
sysrc 'PLUGIN_user=bryce'
service sonarr start

Thing is, once I do all that, I can edit/etc everything in the share with my user from my windows box, but sonarr then stops connecting period.

I checked the status of sonarr with
Code:
service sonarr status
and it never actually starts.

UPDATE:

So, it turns out I need to keep /var/db/sonarr chown'd to media:media and have the service run as media.

And just set the permissions of /media to user:group that matches freenas.

UPDATE:

Everything seems to work fine now, weird.

Last edited:

bryce

Explorer
Sonarr is fine now, working perfectly.

My next issue is after setting sabnzbd's permissions so that sonarr can move/rename files when they're done downloading. It works fine for a few downloads, but then sab will just change the permissions of all the completed files on me and keep sonarr from moving them.

Anyone know how to keep sabnzbd from changing permissions, etc?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
i would think sabnzbd would write permissions with the user it runs as. you can set the permission levels it writes as in its settings

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you should the permission of the files?
ls -l /path

Status
Not open for further replies.