Sonarr Adding Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hello all, running FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605240427 (64fcd8e) on a SuperMicro Z10SL7-F with 8 x 4TB WD Drives in a RaidZ2 with 32GB RAM. FreeNAS is installed and running smoothly and now adding various jails.

The question for this post is how to add storage to Sonarr version 2.0.0.4146 running as a manual Jail in FreeNAS. I created the jail manually instead of using the FreeNAS plugin and installed Sonarr using Fresh Ports installation. Sonarr is up and running and I can connect to it successfully. The issue I am having at this time is how to attach storage for Sonarr to see. When I setup Plex in a manual Jail using Fresh Ports I was able to add storage by pointing to the source and the destination and it worked great as Plex saw the dataset on the pool created. But doing the same process to add storage to Sonarr does not seem to work.

Can any one provide some instructions on how to add storage for Sonarr running in a Jail? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Well that is what I thought also. I can add the storage in FreeNAS with no errors but when I go into Sonarr it does not show the directory path I added for the jail. I have even restarted Sonarr and the jail just to be sure.

Storage.jpg

sonarr.jpg

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't see a screenshot showing where you point Sonarr to the path.

Go to series, add a series, import series on disk, then point it to the path mounted.

FYI: you won't see "disk space" on system page

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Not sure what you're expecting here. When you add a series, you'll tell Sonarr where to store it.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Is this what you mean by screenshot where you point sonarr to the path? If so I can add a series and point to the media folder or do the import exsting series on disk and point to the folder but when I click close nothing happens. The series is not added and the series already on the disk dont show up.

On my windows box it shows the storage paths and size of the disks which I was expecting to see for sonarr in the jail but maybe that is different.

sonarr path.jpg

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Could a permissions issue cause this kind of issue? When I did the Plex storage setup it just worked and I didnt have to setup any user or groups in FreeNAS for Plex to work. I am still a bit unclear on how to find the users and groups in the jail to add to FreeNAS User Accounts section.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Could a permissions issue cause this kind of issue?
Yes.
When I did the Plex storage setup it just worked
Plex only needs read access, but Sonarr needs to be able to create and modify files and directories too.

For me the simplest thing was to create a general purpose media user and then tell Sonarr and SABnzbd to run as that user (each of them has a configuration file that allows the 'run as' user to be specified.) Then that user can own the media dataset and everyone can play nicely together.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
I clicked the check button but it doesn't add the path to the path area below it, that is why I chose the close button next to see what it might do.

To test the possible permissions issue let me see if I have the steps right. I need to create a new account in FreeNAS called "mediauser" and give that user access to the dataset which holds my media. Then I need to go into a configuration file in sonarr and tell it to run as the new user "mediauser" I just created. Assuming these are the right steps my next question is how to find the configuration file in sonarr to modify.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Thank you everyone for your assistance with this issue. It was indeed a permissions issue and is working now. I am new to FreeBSD and the Unix environment so members like you taking the time to help step by step goes further than you know. Many thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.