FreeNAS Sab and Sonarr storage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGeerts

Dabbler
So, I decided to run both sabnzbd and sonarr on my FreeNAS server. I got it running last night (achievement for me since I'm an absolute FreeNAS noob).
However, there is something I don't really understand when looking at my storage volumes and the space used on them.
To clarify, I added two images to this post: http://imgur.com/a/flyVb
The first one shows the storage I used for the plugins, I added two storages to Sonarr as it was my understanding that it had to have access to a shared storage with sab, and also a seperate storage to be able to write my media files to my NAS drives (Media).
The second image is an overview of all my datasets with their usage statistics (I have two volumes, one for my raid data, and one for my jails).
As you can see, the Storage > Media > Downloads folder contains 2.0 GB according to that view, now, this is where my completed downloads are stored, but Sonarr then picks them up, renames them, and moves them to my Storage > Media > Series folder.
When I mount the Downloads folder as a share, and browse to it, it is actually empty, and when I browse to my Series folder, the newly downloaded stuff is correctly renamed and moved there.
Why is FreeNAS showing the 2GB usage on the Downloads dataset when there's actually nothing there?

TimGeerts

Dabbler
Not as far as I'm aware, I set the server up myself (first experience with FreeNAS) and as of yet haven't fiddled with snapshots at all.
Another thing I did notice was that both my sonarr and sab service status (in the jails tab) is set to OFF, and I can't turn it on, the button just reverts to OFF.
Now, I CAN however open both plugins, and they are currently working for me.

Might this have something to do with it?
Some sort of permission problem for the jails? (like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/freenas/comments/2xjjow/freenas_wont_start_sonarr/)

Last edited:

TimGeerts

Dabbler
A small update here, I just finished installing the CouchPotato plugin, and it's acting exactly the same as my Sonarr/Sab setup. As in, it downloads correctly, moves and renames the files correctly, but the size of the Storage > Media > Downloads folder keeps adding up, even though there are no more files in that directory (checked with a share, and also checked the size using a "du" command using ssh).

I'm truly baffled about this, as my destination folders are also going up in size (which is normal seeing that the new files get moved there, and I can in fact find them there).
Does this mean that FreeNAS is for some reason considering the "Downloads" folder as some sort of pointer to the destination folders? And because of this, it's displaying the size wrong in the web ui (ssh size check shows an empty downloads folder)?

TimGeerts

Dabbler
Nobody with any info as to why my sizes are showing such wrong numbers for empty datasets?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Do you have a folder named Downloads AND a dataset named Downloads?

TimGeerts

Dabbler
Well, not really no, I've got a dataset "Downloads", and I configured a CIFS share to that dataset from Windows (no, no recycle bin enabled, so that's not the issue).
There is no folder "Downloads" in that dataset, it's just the default SabNZBD folders (sabnzbd > complete/incomplete > tv > etc...).

Strange thing today though, the size of the "Downloads" dataset was lower then yesterday. Might it be that FreeNAS is not registering the moved files, but, will notice them having moved a bit later (due to a cron job which is setup by default or something?)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Might it be that FreeNAS is not registering the moved files, but, will notice them having moved a bit later (due to a cron job which is setup by default or something?)
No, that doesn't happen.
Strange thing today though, the size of the "Downloads" dataset was lower then yesterday.
Snapshots expired, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.