Solving a VNET failure after network re-configure ([EFAULT] Stopped jail due to VNET failure)

KenwoodFox

Explorer
Hey all.
I'm having an issue starting jails, I had two network interfaces on my FreeNAS box connected to different networks, I was dismantling one of them, I disabled that NIC and I lost access to my FreeNAS box, so I iDrac'd in and used the main menu to wipe the two network interfaces I had on there (to set them back to DHCP) I regained connection! but now all my jails cant start.

if I look in their configs, they all have nothing as an ipv4 interface, they boot and I can ping them weirdly, but there is no data throughput (really weird...)
if I set their ipv4 interface to the only option there, vnet0:bridge0 then they can't boot and error out.

What's the verdict?
I do have a backup config but its a bit outdated :/ worst case I could perhaps use that to fix this issue.

Thanks guys
1582650500079.png

1582650510845.png

KenwoodFox

Explorer
Heres the logs during when i try and start a jail.
Code:
Feb 25 09:14:07 Zinc kernel: vnet0.16: link state changed to DOWN
Feb 25 09:14:07 Zinc kernel: vnet0.16: link state changed to DOWN
Feb 25 09:14:07 Zinc kernel: epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
Feb 25 09:14:07 Zinc kernel: epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
Feb 25 09:14:07 Zinc kernel: in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed
Feb 25 09:18:59 Zinc bridge0: Ethernet address: 02:09:9f:b9:da:00

Kcaj

Contributor
Did you recently update to 11.3? Depending on your requirements, you could use NAT instead or create a bridge interface...

KenwoodFox

Explorer
Did you recently update to 11.3? Depending on your requirements, you could use NAT instead or create a bridge interface...
I did!
Can you explain NAT?
And I do need to recreate the bridge interface? Im really not sure whats causing my error right now so i dont know how to treat it :/

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

KenwoodFox

Explorer
I preformed a reboot and removed the vnet0:bridge0 interface, and they seem to be working now? Im not sure what happened exactly..
Maybe try upgrading to 11.3-U1 and see if some of the bug fixes solve your problem.

here is one that is related to jails but probably not your problem:
https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-104963
Thanks I think i might do this anyway, ill check and see if my issue is the same as this one.

Kcaj

Contributor
If your jails are on a previous release they may still work, but you may run into issues again when you update your jails. Return if you have any issues.

KenwoodFox

Explorer
If your jails are on a previous release they may still work, but you may run into issues again when you update your jails. Return if you have any issues.
I tried updating my Zoneminder plugin a while ago, i thought that "update" would just update the pkg but it absolutely destroyed the plugin, im not planning on trying that again :/

dromney

Cadet
I am having a similar issue. My plex install won't connect to my network after the U1 update. Was working fine prior to U1 update. Also, I can no longer install any other jails for the same issue. It claims it cannot get a DHCP response, or even if I specify a static IP address it fails.
Same as above, if I remove the vent:0bridge:0 it launches the plex jail, but it has no connectivity.
Any help would be appreciated.

dromney

Cadet
I feel I need to clarify, when I remove vnet:0bridge:0 from my plex jail network interface (------ instead of vnet:0bridge:0) the jail will launch, but will not gain connectivity, but if I leave the vnet:0bridge0 there, it gives me the VNET error.

Kcaj

Contributor
If you dont have any special requirements, maybe try use NAT from the jails Basic Properties. Otherwise you will need to create a bridge in the freenas system under network -> interfaces and attach the jail to that....

dromney

Cadet
I had a separate static IP assigned to this Jail, so maybe I'll create a bridge. If I can't get that to work then I will try the NAT route. Thank you

dromney

Cadet
Thank you for your help. I have it working again via NAT. So no separate IP for the Plex jail, but I can live with that.