[solved] Can't get any plugin to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkme

Contributor
Hi dear Freenas friends,

I use for many years linux different kind like gentoo ubuntu arch debian etc. and thought I wasn't even that bad.

Now, I thought I create another server but instead wirh centos, I wanted an esasy way like a NAS system.

I couldn't be more wrong with easy. I have Freenas 11 running in virtualbox, and I can try and do whatever I want but can't get any plugin installed and running.

I limited myeslef now to plex with still no success.

I need your help guys a step by step version for a freenas noob.

m0nkey_

MVP
Can't get it to work, or can't access it?

Since you're testing FreeNAS in a VM, you need set the virtual NIC in promiscuous mode in order to access any plugins running inside the FreeNAS VM.

dirkme

Contributor
Can't get it to work, or can't access it?

Can't access the plugins (like the running plexmediaserver) but can access the Web GUI from FreeNAS, that tells me I can access the FreeNAS from my local PCs through the IP address ;-)

m0nkey_

MVP
promiscuous mode
I Googled an example for you.

RaRwa.png

dirkme

Contributor
I Googled an example for you.

RaRwa.png
You Sir are a Superstar!

I don't usual do instalations on a VM, now I struggle to add the TV or Movie folder to plex and I trust same will happen to sonarr and sabnzbd.

Also, I don't really understand the applications "Destination and Source" and how to share a folder like Movie with other jails etc.

Ones I got this worked out FreeNas will go live as I believe it is worthwhile learning.

Also, I would like to look into using docks to get things like Radarr running on FreeNas, sadly it isn't added to the plugins.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I would like to look into using docks to get things like Radarr running on FreeNas
FreeNAS 11 doesn't support Docker--if you want Docker, you'll need to install a VM with your preferred flavor of Linux, and run the containers from there. Docker support is said to be coming with FreeNAS 11.1, though.

dirkme

Contributor
FreeNAS 11 doesn't support Docker--if you want Docker, you'll need to install a VM with your preferred flavor of Linux, and run the containers from there. Docker support is said to be coming with FreeNAS 11.1, though.
VM on freenas is another thing I have to workout, but all are missing one thing, I don't know to get any application to access anything out of their jail. Would need some help to understand how to do it.

danb35

Hall of Famer

dirkme

Contributor
[QUOTE="dirkme, post: 394842, member: 76756 http://doc.freenas.org/11/jails.html#add-storage "[/QUOTE]If I go step by step as explained in the document I still have no success to see anything I do, plex still shows only the inside of its container and the destination folder (which should show inside that plex container) doesn't get created or just doesn't show.

Adding a library folder to Plex, plex directory read starts at: /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server

Last edited:

dirkme

Contributor
st plexplugin service doesn't start anymore. sigh.

Why is it that complicated? I worked with linux when it was distributed on CDs and getting anything running reminds me on the task to get one of those plugins working.

Still, if some one made it, I can too. But I need your help guys.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Well, if you want help, you're going to have to give us more than "I can't figure out" and "it doesn't work." What, exactly, are you doing? What are you expecting to happen? What does happen?

dirkme

Contributor
Well, if you want help, you're going to have to give us more than "I can't figure out" and "it doesn't work." What, exactly, are you doing? What are you expecting to happen? What does happen?

I have deleted the uninstalled plex plugin, deleted the jail, followed steps to add the storage given b y this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaiBWJ2r2Hg

but the added storage does not show when I try to add a library folder in plex.

I have a screenshot, which I can't add as there is no function for it except you have a file server for it. I don't.

I tried to describe what happened and should have as best as I can, but it also needs reading ;-)

I have no other idea to ask for help as to provide the information I have build on my experience when I tried to do a supposed to be simple task.

dirkme

Contributor
OK, I install the plex plugin, add the storage and expect the storage to show when I use the plex web gui to add the library on that storage, but plex seems to be trapped in its own install folder and unlike on the video, the added storage is not shown by the plex web gui for adding libraries.

That should do, otherwise I need to screen record it.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have a screenshot, which I can't add as there is no function for it
Of course there is. You can paste it into your post, or you can use the "Upload a File" if you've saved it somewhere. It doesn't need to be hosted anywhere else, and it's best that it not be.

danb35

Hall of Famer
but plex seems to be trapped in its own install folder
With recent versions of Plex, it seems to want to default to its own directory, and it doesn't have a GUI browser to go elsewhere, but you can still type in the correct path.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
With recent versions of Plex, it seems to want to default to its own directory, and it doesn't have a GUI browser to go elsewhere, but you can still type in the correct path.
Yes this, just type in the path you want.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dirkme

Contributor
Plex Directory.jpg

in that youtube video you can see the added storage folder under the Plex Home on the left side. Is a no show for me :-(

dirkme

Contributor

In linux Centos for example, I can just go in the file manager and get the right path, how to I get the right path in freenas?

danb35

Hall of Famer
In linux Centos for example, I can just go in the file manager and get the right path, how to I get the right path in freenas?
The path should be whatever you entered as the destination in the Add Storage screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.