SNMP Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusmarcus

Explorer
I go into the SNMP settings and try to fill out the fields but am getting an error for the contact field. With the field blank it gives me a help bubble that says
Contact information, e.g. name or email of the person responsible for this system: 'admin@email.address'.
I put in my name@gmail.com address in there and when I click OK I get an error on my contact that says
The contact must contain only alphanumeric characters, _ or -
If I remove the "@" in and leave teh "." it still gives that error. If I leave the "@" and remove the "." it still gives that error. If I remove both it excepts it, but an email address obviously needs both those to send an email. It has been like this in all the 8.0.1 betas and now the RC. Worked fine back in the 8.0 RELEASE.
Not a big issue for me but thought I would report it and see if anyone else is having this issue.

sherlock

Cadet
Got the same with FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC2-amd64 (7813). Quite funny that the tooltip brings up examples - invalid ones, of course :)

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
This problem had been fixed already but didn't got merged to 8.0.1 branch, just did so.

Will be working in next release

Status
Not open for further replies.