SMB share...what is the password?

I set up my server about 2 years ago and it's been running like clockwork (mostly).
Recently added a new PC (Windows 10) to the network and I'm having trouble accessing the server.
When trying to Map the network drive, I'm prompted for user/pwd and I don't have any idea what the password is.
I've tried blank, server pwds, whitespace, everything I can think of
I have my "users" group and user1 and user2 based off the basic setup of shares...but I don't have any set password for each user that I'm aware of...

where can I see the set password for a user to use to map the driver/server.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I set up my server about 2 years ago and it's been running like clockwork (mostly).
Recently added a new PC (Windows 10) to the network and I'm having trouble accessing the server.
When trying to Map the network drive, I'm prompted for user/pwd and I don't have any idea what the password is.
I've tried blank, server pwds, whitespace, everything I can think of
I have my "users" group and user1 and user2 based off the basic setup of shares...but I don't have any set password for each user that I'm aware of...

where can I see the set password for a user to use to map the driver/server.
We don't store plain-text passwords. Your best bet is to just reset passwords to something you know (or create another user in the UI).

tfran1990

Patron
Keep in mind that sometimes windows "remembers" login creds. Im not sure how much of this you already know.
try to map it with the box checked for log in with "connect using different credentials" without "reconnect at signin"

make sure your maping is complete.... \\server\share may work where sometimes \\server\ may not work because you have it set up so you can only drop into the share.

I'll have to futz with it more later.
In the user1 settings, I have no password set.

Maybe a new user will be the simplest...

Set up user3. Good to go.
Thanks all.