SMB Not Possible Anymore With NextCLoud?

MichaelN

Cadet
Is it simply not possible to SMB/file share with Windows with the TRueNAS offical app? Everytime I go to create the share for my nextcloud data, it produces the following error:

I've spent days on this and cant figure out another way to access my nextcloud files without using the GUI. Thanks in advance.

1.png

ddaenen1

Patron
Is it simply not possible to SMB/file share with Windows with the TRueNAS offical app? Everytime I go to create the share for my nextcloud data, it produces the following error:

I've spent days on this and cant figure out another way to access my nextcloud files without using the GUI. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 76219
Ofcourse, you could install the Nextcloud app for your OS on laptop/desktop and sync your files so you have direct access to the files through Explorer or Finder. You don't need an SMB share for that. Additionally, you could use FTP to get direct access. Works perfect once you enable to FTP under Services in TrueNAS and install an FTP client (i use Viper FTP lite on MacOS and WinSCP on Win11). I recently even used FTP to move all my data from a plugin NC installation to a new jail with a scripted NC installation as i wanted to get rid of the troublesome plugin maintenance. Worked perfectly fine.

Last edited: