Can't add locally a Windows Dataset to Nextcloud

Nmitsia

Dabbler
Hello im new to FreeNAS and Nextcloud in general, but i have IT background. I have just finished installing and configuring a FreeNAS machine for a local video productions company.

Currently i try to access and share via Nextcloud the shame SMB Share that is configured to be accessed from Windows with users e.t.c.

I do the normal automatic install from Plugins of the Nextcloud. I add Shares in Jails (the Dataset configured for Windows access). I add the external storage plugin from Nextcloud. And then i try to access the Windows Dataset that i have already mounted in Shares in Jails. Nothing happens. Nextcloud cant even read the share. I even tried the shame with another share that is UNIX and the user & group are www. No luck also.

Is there some special user/group that need to be created in Account that has to be assigned to the Dataset? For example resilio uses this method with the manual creation of the rslsync user.

By the way i have found very effective the solution of adding many users in the SMB Share done from Windows OS under, by right clicking on the shared share--> Properties--> Security-->Edit.

P.S.: I know that using the shame share for both Nextcloud and SMB is not the best thing to do. But i need to do it because all in-house users should have the same access to the same files with the freelancers and vice versa.

sretalla