Smb mount on domain

pm33

Cadet
Hi everybody

I'm new on Freenas and I need some help to mount a cifs folder on a Windows 2016 share in a domain

I try with a :

mount_smbfs -I SERVER_IP //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS

FreeNAS ask for my password and after 1 minute I got a error message mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Operation timed out

I try with :
mount_smbfs -W SERVER_NAME //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS
mount_smbfs: can't get server address: syserr = Operation timed out

mount -t smbfs //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS

• I can ping the SERVER_IP and SERVER_NAME too
  • smbclient -L SERVER_IP -U domain/admin_account give me a full list of my shared folders on my SERVER_IP
  • on other Ubuntu computers I do a
mount -t cifs //SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS -o file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,username=LDAPlogin,domain=mydomain,password='LDAPpwd',vers=2.0

Please can you explain how I use the mount command with user/pass/domain and something like vers=2.0 in my mount_smbfs command

Thanks for your help

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi everybody

I'm new on Freenas and I need some help to mount a cifs folder on a Windows 2016 share in a domain

I try with a :

mount_smbfs -I SERVER_IP //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS

FreeNAS ask for my password and after 1 minute I got a error message mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Operation timed out

I try with :
mount_smbfs -W SERVER_NAME //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS
mount_smbfs: can't get server address: syserr = Operation timed out

mount -t smbfs //admin_account@SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS

• I can ping the SERVER_IP and SERVER_NAME too
  • smbclient -L SERVER_IP -U domain/admin_account give me a full list of my shared folders on my SERVER_IP
  • on other Ubuntu computers I do a
mount -t cifs //SERVER_IP/datas /mnt/NAS -o file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,username=LDAPlogin,domain=mydomain,password='LDAPpwd',vers=2.0

Please can you explain how I use the mount command with user/pass/domain and something like vers=2.0 in my mount_smbfs command

Thanks for your help
The FreeBSD SMB client does not support SMB2.

pm33

Cadet
Aie !! as we said in France !!

Is another method with mount -t cifs for example or something else to do the trick ?