Small project may need FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, FreeNAS'ers

I am working on a web project using PHP and a bunch of API's, however we need storage not like Google or Amazon as either they cannot be trusted or in Amazon's case the pricing model sucks, so we decided to get a VPS with enough storage to allow us to grow, back to the story :D

We need away to connect to the VPS via PHP and Create/Read/Update/Delete files and folders from a PHP based web interface, would freeNAS be able to allow us to do that, the following is a list of what we need and if they are possible :D

Can I create/delete users
Can users be limited on storage aka 5GB
Would the freeNAS API allow us to create users, update files and folders etc.
Stupid question but is it difficult to setup
Would users be able to share there files via URL if they wanted to
Could users hotlink to files aka embed a video on there site which is stored on freeNAS
And finally is it secure so no users can access other users files not even via HTTP unless accessing directly via API aka our web interface.

Sorry for all the questions but I hope freeNAS is the right solution as it looks awesome and the community seem nice, I will look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
We need away to connect to the VPS via PHP and Create/Read/Update/Delete files and folders from a PHP based web interface, would freeNAS be able to allow us to do that, the following is a list of what we need and if they are possible :D
FreeNAS is intended to be used behind a firewall and is not hardened for public internet access. I suggest you look for a different solution. If what you want is a web interface for remote server management, you might consider Webmin or Virtualmin running on something like Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.