SLOW SPEED on Network with Win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS_rookie

Cadet
Text is from Google translate, because my English is not so good...

Hi, before I give it up and yet Synology or Qnap hole, a last desperate attempt here vllt. Help.

My system is the -NAS - Basic 3.0 (2x WesternDigital Red 3TB, 8GB RAM) - with deviation at the motherboard since I have the Asrock J4205, since J3455 was not available and as a Systemdrive is a Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB.
The disks are individually integrated once media once data, since I know of RAID too little ...

Notebook is a brand new ACER Nitro V15 with Win10.
Network runs via -Fritzbox 7490, -Zyxel GS1100 Gigabyte Switch, - Deleycon Patchfeld, -Homenetwork with CAT7 (2015)

Basically, everything works as it should, but the speed is just bad :(
Internal copy on the disk is at max 25 MB /S, disk description rarely exceeds 30 MB /S.
I make many photos which are around the 8-15MB large. Videodaten I have immediately given up, since it took forever because what to put on the disk.
Various test programs gave a speed of max.50MB /S ....

With what I have read so far, could it have to do with Samba?
My next ideas would be:
-adjust the motherboard.
-Platten empty again, everything from the front, (possibly OMV)
-Or just actually to access a finished solution.

Has someone an idea? Is even a known problem? What I can still say is that in WIN in the resource monitor the TCP connections have shown full load, while I copied 5GB data on the disk back and forth ...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
You can try to find if it depends on HDD or a network problem. If your drives speed is max 50 MB/s you can't achieve more than that using a single disk. In mirror configuration you can get double read speed, etc. You can try tools like ultimatebootcd to boot and make some tests on the hardware.
Realtek network chips, as the one your system uses, are not very reliable though.

BTW, you can use all the four sata ports for data if you install FN on two USB thumb drives in mirror.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.